Friday, February 15, 2013

I don't want to sing, I'm a cat

And now for an excerpt from the first chapter of Dinosaur Who Gets Arrested.

Rookie Cop (RC) has been called into the office of the Chief of Police (COP) shortly after returning from his fateful first encounter with Dinosaur. RC is visibly shaken by the events that followed after  the arrest of Dinosaur at The Church. Before COP could have begun to talk RC speaks with no sense of position or etiquette. 

RC: I was just over at the corner of 7th and George and you wont believe what I found. A dinosaur, sir. A six foot tall four or five hundred pound monster. He was screaming, more like growling, and tearing through everything in sight. When I got the call from Father Richard I knew I was dealing with a scenario that we never trained for in the academy. Knowing how serious this call was I didn't even have time to request backup. When I entered the church and locked eyes with that thing intuition took over.

COP does not respond. The two stare at each other for what seems like a very long time. Feeling he has redeemed himself simply by stating what took place earlier in the day RC breaks the silence.

RC: Well at least we got the guy, right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Song Title: On The Kitty Hustle
Album Title: Meow Meow Meow

Wake up in the morning and I head towards the Friskies
Drank a lot last night and I'm still kind of tipsy
Chasing my cat toys on a search for the nip
Always on the kitty grind, you know I'll never quit

Feeling kinda crazy, hanging out in the sink
Too god damn fuzzy, you may mistake me for a mink
Taking lots of naps is how I spend my whole day
I listen to the little birds and throw my cares away

If you could be a cat I would tell you that you should
I would know because I am the best cat in the 'hood
But now I have to get going-I have lots of mice to eat
But before you go you should touch my soft kitty feet!

(c)2013, richardmagicianstudios



No comments:

Post a Comment